Splunk Search

Hunk min value multi column search question

mikejf12

I have installed hunk 6.1.3 onto a Centos 6 Linux host and connected it to a Centos 6 Linux based CDH5 Hadoop cluster.
I have installed hunk under /usr/local/hunk and set up my configuration files to pull csv based data off of hdfs.

[hadoop@hc2nn system]$ pwd
/usr/local/hunk/etc/system

[hadoop@hc2nn local]$ cat indexes.conf
[provider:cdh5]
vix.family = hadoop
vix.command.arg.3 = $SPLUNK_HOME/bin/jars/SplunkMR-s6.0-hy2.0.jar
vix.env.HADOOP_HOME = /usr/lib/hadoop
vix.env.JAVA_HOME = /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0-openjdk.x86_64
vix.fs.default.name = hdfs://hc2nn:8020
vix.splunk.home.hdfs = /user/hadoop/hunk/workdir
vix.mapreduce.framework.name = yarn
vix.yarn.resourcemanager.address = hc2nn:8032
vix.yarn.resourcemanager.scheduler.address = hc2nn:8030
vix.mapred.job.map.memory.mb = 1024
vix.yarn.app.mapreduce.am.staging-dir = /user
vix.splunk.search.recordreader.csv.regex = .csv$
[hadoop@hc2nn local]$ cat props.conf
[source::/data/hunk/rdbms/...]
REPORT-csvreport = extractcsv
[extractcsv]
DELIMS="\,"
FIELDS="year","manufacturer","model","class","engine size","cyclinders","transmission","Fuel
Type","fuel_city_l_100km","fuel_hwy_l_100km","fuel_city_mpg","fuel_hwy_mpg","fuel_l_yr","c02_g_km"

Hunk is running from the host hc2nn and I can start it as login at http://hc2nn:8000. I can run searches via

index=cdh5_vindex

and I can select columns to display, create reports and dashboards. What I want to do though is create a report
from the search pane that shows minimum co2 emmissions for a particular manufacturer and model. I would then like
to limit the output to the top 20 minimum values.

Please excuse the mistakes but I understand that I can do something like this

index=cdh5_vindex manufacturer model c02_g_km | stats min(c02_g_km) as minco2 | table manufacturer model minco2

I know that this isnt the correct format but I wondered whether someone could advise the correct approach. I can create
single column reports and dashboards but I would like to create something a little more complicated.

Tags (3)
0 Karma

Ledion_Bitincka
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Would the following do what you're looking for?

index=cdh5_vindex | stats min(c02_g_km) AS minco2 BY  manufacturer, model | sort 20 minco2 

By the way, you don't need to define any of the props/tranforms.conf for CSV files in Hunk as they're automatically recognized and converted into JSON (at runtime) for better visualizations.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...