My log snippet is as shown below:

productid=12 email=abc@gg.com 
productid=13 email=pqr@aa.com 
productid=14 email=xyz@cc.com 
productid=15 email=xyz@cc.com

I've a timechart with below query:

index=myindex sourcetype=mylog
| eval    
productname=case(productid==12,"Product1",productid==13,"Product2",productid==14,"Product3")
| timechart count by productname usenull=f

Here, I'm using case since I need to show legend in human readable format but the problem is that I may have more than 15 productids in future. And I don't want to hard code them all in case condition. Is there any other way to display legend without this comparision?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Karma

Brian_Osburn
Builder

Have you looked into using a lookup to translate productid to human readable product names?

Take a look at http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Knowledge/Addfieldsfromexternaldatasources?r=sear... -> it's a really powerful and handy command.

Brian

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...