Splunk Search

How would I configure my regex to also include Windows data?

bluemarvel
Path Finder

I have a query that will identify all the logs in my instance for a certain index, it list everything running except for Windows. What am i missing? thanks in advance.

index="source" | rex field=source "^.*\/(?=[^/])(?.*?)($|\s|\-|\_)"
0 Karma

bluemarvel
Path Finder

alt text

0 Karma

cpetterborg
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Without seeing more of your data, it appears to me that you are not getting anything with a Windows drive letter. But if you can give more information about your index called "source", it would be easier to help answer the question.

0 Karma

bluemarvel
Path Finder

the screen shot is below

0 Karma

bluemarvel
Path Finder

enclosed is the query and the result.

0 Karma

bluemarvel
Path Finder

index="source" | rex field=source "^.\/(?=[^/])(?.?)($|\s|-|_)" ...this is the whole regex

0 Karma

cpetterborg
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you at least provide examples (even obfuscated) of the output of:

index="source" | table source

It should include something from several types, like linux, oracle, windows. Without that information I'm afraid I can't help out at all.

0 Karma

bluemarvel
Path Finder

well for privacy concerns i can only provided limited data, the query captures all data except Windows.

the index is not called source, i just used that as an example.
the other data sources it collects is - linux,oracle....etc.

0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

Suggestion - we may be able to solve this here, but if not, then get yourself onto the splunk slack channel, where you can post the semi-confidential data privately in a direct message to someone, then delete it after solving your problem.

info here...
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/443734/is-there-a-splunk-slack-channel.html

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...