Splunk Search

How to write this query in Splunk?

Anidy21
Engager

This is application insight query which i need to write in splunk , can some one help me please

let a=traces
| where cloud_RoleInstance startswith "sams-card-account-update"
| where message contains "Received Message from CAU:"
| parse message with * "clientReqId='" clientReqId "', status=" * "resultReason='" resultReason "', message" *
| project clientReqId, timestamp, resultReason
| parse clientReqId with personId "_" paymentInstrumentId "_retry-" retry "_" epoch
| project responseDate = bin(timestamp,1d),personId, paymentInstrumentId, retry, requestDate = bin(unixtime_milliseconds_todatetime(tolong(epoch)),1d), resultReason
| where resultReason !in ("AU202","AU203","AU401","AU501","Z999")
| distinct requestDate, personId, paymentInstrumentId, responseDate, resultReason
| summarize receivedCount = count() by requestDate, responseDate;
let b=customEvents
| where cloud_RoleInstance startswith "sams-card-account-update"
| where name == "CAU_UPDATE_REQUEST"
| extend personId = tostring(customDimensions.personId)
| extend paymentInstrumentId = tostring(customDimensions.paymentInstrumentId)
| project requestDate = bin(timestamp,1d), personId, paymentInstrumentId
| distinct requestDate, personId, paymentInstrumentId
| summarize requestedCount = count() by requestDate;
a | join kind=inner b on requestDate
| project requestDate, responseDate, requestedCount, receivedCount
| project received_perc = receivedCount / todouble(requestedCount) * 100, responseDate, requestDate=substring(requestDate,0,10)
| sort by requestDate asc,responseDate asc
| render timechart

this is how the data look like 

{"kubernetes":{"labels":{"version":"v1","app":"card-account-update"},"pod_name":"card-account-update-5c4b875dc6-t7kzx","host":"stage-a6-vmss0003is","namespace_name":"n1497934467"},"time":"2023-03-25T09:05:16.023813003Z","log":{"timestamp":"2023-03-25T09:05:16.023Z","type":"trace","context":"default","thread":"org.springframework.kafka.KafkaListenerEndpointContainer#0-11-C-1","logger":"com.t.cau.integration.impl.CAUConsumer","level":"INFO","message":"Received Message from BST: BSTResponse{inquiryValue='20042341056', clientId='BSTclub.com', clientReqId='99f50c8e-4800-42af-b7ea-ccc9bf0a5349-4b40-9eea-aabfd0affec7_retry-2_1679735115331', status='ERROR', result='ERROR', resultReason='AU501', message='Unknown Error encountered', instrumentMap={xref=com.BST.payment.cau.integration.model.InstrumentInfo@6c3ad85}}"},"cluster_id":"wus-stage-a6"}

Thanks in advance

0 Karma

Anidy21
Engager

Please help me with the exact query for my result i tried after reading but not able to get the desired result .

0 Karma

yuanliu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

As I and others said, the best way to get concrete help is to forget everything about SQL.  Instead, simply describe your use case.  What is it that you are trying to achieve?  Illustrate and explain data (anonymize as needed), explain and illustrate desired output, and describe, explain a logic connection between data and output.  Untangle complex SQL is unreasonable burden for volunteers here.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Here is a start:

|makeresults
| eval _raw="{\"kubernetes\":{\"labels\":{\"version\":\"v1\",\"app\":\"card-account-update\"},\"pod_name\":\"card-account-update-5c4b875dc6-t7kzx\",\"host\":\"stage-a6-vmss0003is\",\"namespace_name\":\"n1497934467\"},\"time\":\"2023-03-25T09:05:16.023813003Z\",\"log\":{\"timestamp\":\"2023-03-25T09:05:16.023Z\",\"type\":\"trace\",\"context\":\"default\",\"thread\":\"org.springframework.kafka.KafkaListenerEndpointContainer#0-11-C-1\",\"logger\":\"com.t.cau.integration.impl.CAUConsumer\",\"level\":\"INFO\",\"message\":\"Received Message from BST: BSTResponse{inquiryValue='20042341056', clientId='BSTclub.com', clientReqId='99f50c8e-4800-42af-b7ea-ccc9bf0a5349-4b40-9eea-aabfd0affec7_retry-2_1679735115331', status='ERROR', result='ERROR', resultReason='AU501', message='Unknown Error encountered', instrumentMap={xref=com.BST.payment.cau.integration.model.InstrumentInfo@6c3ad85}}\"},\"cluster_id\":\"wus-stage-a6\"}"
|kv
```| search cloud_RoleInstance = "sams-card-account-update*" AND message = "*Received Message from CAU:*"```
| rex field=log.message "clientReqId='(?<clientReqId>.*?)', status=.*?resultReason='(?<resultReason>.*?)', message"

0 Karma

Anidy21
Engager

Hi @woodcock 

this is what my requirement and this is what i am getting as result of your query .please help me how will i get the desired result.Thanks in advance 🙂

Requirement

Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 8.55.54 AM.png

 Result from your query

Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 8.56.07 AM.png

 This is the index from which i need to fetch the records 

index="BTS-card-account-update"

0 Karma

yuanliu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

As @woodcock said, the sample search is a start.  You may want to study this guide: Splunk SPL for SQL users.

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@yuanliuNoooo! Don't point people to this dreadful document. I know that writers of that guide meant well but it's filled with bad practices and encourages users to write bad searches.

That guide should have a big red warning at the top "This is not how you should write SPL; you can use it for a one-off quickie but generally - don't write like that!"

0 Karma

tscroggins
Influencer

I'll provide a friendly op-ed: Do read Splunk SQL for SQL Users if you're familiar with relational databases and SQL-like languages and need a Splunk primer. The example searches aren't optimal; however, the SELECT through ORDER BY examples provide the foundation for most general search use cases. (Use the where Splunk search command to compare two fields directly.) TRUNCATE and DELETE probably shouldn't have been included as the Splunk delete search command doesn't do the same thing. The examples using the join and append Splunk search commands are arguably anti-patterns, but do use them if they help you make sense of the problem you're trying to solve; you can optimize your searches after you have the correct outputs in hand for comparison.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...