Splunk Search

How to write the regex in transforms.conf to filter and only index logs with "login time"?

skenkz

Hello,
i need to implement a regex to filter contents of logs of vmware infrastructure.

The only logs I want to receive and index in Splunk will have to be:

Mar 25 10:36:45 172.20.1.9 2015-03-25T09:36:31.014Z IBM-ESXi-5.aditinet.local Hostd: [FFB37920 info 'Vimsvc.ha-eventmgr' opID=B6CBCB83-00000031 user=DOMAIN\test.test] Event 2459 : User DOMAIN\test.test@172.31.255.45 logged out (login time: Wednesday, 25 March, 2015 09:35:59, number of API invocations: 0, user agent: VMware VI Client/4.0.0)

I want to filter only word: "login time".

These are my props.conf and transform.conf located in path /opt/splunk/etc/system/local:

File props.conf

[host::172.20.1.9]
TRANSFORMS-set= setparsing

File transforms.conf

[setparsing]
REGEX = login time:
DEST_KEY = queue
FORMAT = indexQueue

I tested it, but doesn't work.

Please, could someone help me to build the correct regex?

Thanks in advance.

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this (both the configuration files on Indexer/Heavyforwarder)

File props.conf

[host::172.20.1.9]
TRANSFORMS-set= setnull,setparsing

File transforms.conf

[setnull]
REGEX = .
DEST_KEY = queue
FORMAT = nullQueue

[setparsing]
REGEX = login time:
DEST_KEY = queue
FORMAT = indexQueue
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...