Splunk Search

How to write a search to get the total count of emails sent out and the count for each individual mail ID?

Navanitha
Path Finder

I have a search which gives the total count of emails sent out from 5 different mail ids. I use a scheduled report for this and the report has the output - Count and last email sent. Now my requirement is along with the total count, I also need the count of emails sent from individual mail id's in my report. So the report looks something like,
total count, last email sent

mail sent from email1@x.com=10
mail sent from email2@y.com=15
mail sent from email3@z.com=20 and so on...
can someone tell me how to do this.
Thank you..

Tags (4)
0 Karma

fdi01
Motivator

try like :

index=xyz "email1@xxx.com" OR "email2@yyy.com" OR "email3@zzz.com" OR "email4@abc.com" OR "email5@xyz.com" "ready" "MID"|stats count as "total count",count(eval("email1@xxx.com")) as "count of email1@xxx.com",count(eval("email1@yyy.com")) as "count of email1@yyy.com",count(eval("email1@xyz.com")) as "count of email1@xyz.com",count(eval("email1@abc.com")) as "count of email1@abc.com", last(_time) as "EmailSent" | convert ctime("EmailSent") as time | table *

or

index=xyz "email1@xxx.com" OR "email2@yyy.com" OR "email3@zzz.com" OR "email4@abc.com" OR "email5@xyz.com" "ready" "MID"|stats count as "total count",count(eval(mailfrom="email1@xxx.com")) as "count of email1@xxx.com",count(eval(mailfrom="email1@yyy.com")) as "count of email1@yyy.com",count(eval(mailfrom="email1@xyz.com")) as "count of email1@xyz.com",count(eval(mailfrom="email1@abc.com")) as "count of email1@abc.com", last(_time) as "EmailSent" | convert ctime("EmailSent") as time | table *

or

...| eventstats count as "total count" | stats count by mailfrom|....

where mailfrom={"email1@xxx.com" ; "email2@yyy.com" ;"email3@zzz.com" ; "email4@abc.com" ; "email5@xyz.com"}

0 Karma

Navanitha
Path Finder

Hi,

This query isn't working. total count is displayed under individual mail id's rather than their individual count.

0 Karma

stephanefotso
Motivator

In function of the query you gave in your coment, Try this,

index=xyz "email1@xxx.com" OR "email2@yyy.com" OR "email3@zzz.com" OR "email4@abc.com" OR "email5@xyz.com" "ready" "MID"|eval email=case(searchmatch("email1@xxx.com"), "email1@xxx.com",searchmatch("email2@xxx.com"), "email2@xxx.com",searchmatch("email3@xxx.com"), "email3@xxx.com",searchmatch("email4@xxx.com"), "email4@xxx.com",searchmatch("email5@xxx.com"), "email5@xxx.com")|stats count as totalcount, last(_time) as EmailSent by email | convert ctime("EmailSent") as time   | table email,totalcount, time 
SGF
0 Karma

Navanitha
Path Finder

Hi Stephan,

I extracted a field for address and your query worked. But this time, it is only giving the individual counts of each email id but not getting the cumulative count(adding the all the email sent out from these mail ids) and last email sent time.

0 Karma

stephanefotso
Motivator

Here you go:

index=xyz "email1@xxx.com" OR "email2@yyy.com" OR "email3@zzz.com" OR "email4@abc.com" OR "email5@xyz.com" "ready" "MID"|eval email=case(searchmatch("email1@xxx.com"), "email1@xxx.com",searchmatch("email2@xxx.com"), "email2@xxx.com",searchmatch("email3@xxx.com"), "email3@xxx.com",searchmatch("email4@xxx.com"), "email4@xxx.com",searchmatch("email5@xxx.com"), "email5@xxx.com")|eventstats count as Totalemail|stats count as totalcount, last(_time) as EmailSent by email | convert ctime("EmailSent") as time   | table Totalemail email,totalcount, time 

But here the Totalemail value will be the same in each row

SGF
0 Karma

stephanefotso
Motivator

Lets get your first query, giving the total count of emails sent out from 5 different mail ids, please.

SGF
0 Karma

Navanitha
Path Finder

index=xyz "email1@xxx.com" OR "email2@yyy.com" OR "email3@zzz.com" OR "email4@abc.com" OR "email5@xyz.com" "ready" "MID"|stats count, last(_time) as "EmailSent" | convert ctime("EmailSent") as time | table count, time

Looks something like this..

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...