Splunk Search

How to write a search that groups values to be used in a dropdown on a dashboard?

quietferret
Loves-to-Learn

Hi All,

I am new to Splunk and the SPL in general so I will try and explain as best I can.  I have been tasked to produce an UP/DOWN dashboard to show different Microsoft Cloud services and their statuses.  We are importing data from the Microsoft Service Health and can run searches on it.  I am able to find each service (Microsoft Teams, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online etc) and their current status (up or down). 

Now I need to show this in a dashboard but my manager wants to group the services in categories like, Core services, Productivity and Cloud Apps so that if a person navigates tot he dashboard they can click a dropdown and select the category then those services are displayed  with their UP/DOWN status.  

Any help would be much appreciated.

Labels (4)
0 Karma

quietferret
Loves-to-Learn

Ok so I had the following:

index=azure source="ServiceAnnouncement.Issues" | sort 0 - _time | eval category = if(service = "Exchange Online" , "Core Service" , other)

But how can I do multiple if statements?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You probably need to eval a new field which categorises the services and then filter on those categories. You could use a case function or if functions to do the evaluation, or you could define and use a lookup to map the service to its category.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...