Splunk Search

How to write a Regex to capture the Path(\Απεσταλμένα) and Subject (TYPICAL MAIN SHELF)?

biswa2112
Engager

I want to capture the Path (\Απεσταλμένα) and Subject (TYPICAL MAIN SHELF) .  I am using below regex Subject\W\s(?<Subject>.*)  and 

rex "Path\W\s(?<Path>\W.*)" 

But these are not working . It is not capturing the path while for subject it is capturing many more lines which are not required .

Someone please help 

PH0PR07MB8510A5DC1014429F3B411EB1E39B9@PH0PR07MB8510.namprd07.prod.outlook.com>
IsRecord: false
ParentFolder: { [-]
Id: LgAAAACYR3ou5YLkQLdwhKR5o0aGAQDzGy/hF08sRpmozaW+A2HqAAAAdHcNAAAB
Path: \Απεσταλμένα
}
SizeInBytes: 180998
Subject: TYPICAL MAIN SHELF
}
LogonType: 0
LogonUserSid: S-1-5-21-2050334910-350505970-4048673702-5100548
MailboxGuid: 967cf2f1-6b52-4e79-bf98-1hnfj55667
MailboxOwnerSid: S-1-5-21-2050334910-350505970-499886553

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It depends on what the data really looks like - the .* part of the Subject capture will capture everything up to a line terminator. You data _implies_ that the text is on multiple lines, but it looks like you've pasted that from a JSON viewer, which is interpreting your data - particularly as there are no visible quotes, which would be expected in JSON.

Can you show the RAW field rather than this formatted one.

The .* capture part of the field may probably be better written as 

[^\"]*

i.e. capture up to a terminating quotation character. However, it also may be that the JSON can be parsed directly with spath - depending on what fields are extracted

View solution in original post

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It depends on what the data really looks like - the .* part of the Subject capture will capture everything up to a line terminator. You data _implies_ that the text is on multiple lines, but it looks like you've pasted that from a JSON viewer, which is interpreting your data - particularly as there are no visible quotes, which would be expected in JSON.

Can you show the RAW field rather than this formatted one.

The .* capture part of the field may probably be better written as 

[^\"]*

i.e. capture up to a terminating quotation character. However, it also may be that the JSON can be parsed directly with spath - depending on what fields are extracted

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...