Splunk Search

How to view all of the real-time concurrent system-wide searches

craigmueller

Hello,

I am trying to view all of the real-time concurrent system-wide searches to see how many users have real-time searches running.

I increased the limit by 10 because we kept hitting the limit. Now we are hitting the maximum again.

Thank you

Tags (2)
0 Karma

satishsdange
Builder

Hi Craig -

Below search query might help you..Select Real-time from time range picker

index=_internal source=*metrics.log group=search_concurrency user=* | eval total = active_hist_searches + active_realtime_searches | timechart max(total) by user agg=max useother=f limit=20 
0 Karma

stephanefotso
Motivator

If your are using splunk 6.2, just look your Management Console: settings->Distributed Management Console.
Note that only admins can access. Once you are there, take a look at the CONCURRENT SEARCHES. Click on the number of searches displayed, to get the snapshots of all the concurrent system searches.

Thanks.

SGF

ppablo
Retired

Hi @craigmueller

I was looking around at other posts and a couple of them suggested using the Splunk on Splunk (S.o.S) app https://apps.splunk.com/app/748/

0 Karma

Raghav2384
Motivator

I second what @ppablo_splunk mentioned. Splunk on Splunk will give the count/search performance /mode/role etc. Install Splunk on Splunk and from the Search menu, select search Activiy. Here's a sample search that's telling me the maximum search concurrency and utilization

set_sos_index sourcetype=ps host="Aryahi-PC"

| multikv
| get_splunk_process_type
| search type="searches"
| get_search_props
| bin _time span=ps_sos_periods
| search mode = real-time
| stats dc(sid) as search_count by _time user
| timechart bucketize_ps_sos max(search_count) AS "Concurrent search count" by user

Hope this helps!
Thanks,
Raghav

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...