Splunk Search

How to use the query that Field extractor generate to use in your search

phamxuantung
Communicator

Hi, so I try to use Field Extractor (in Extract new fields) to extract some fields from raw logs to make a table. I have successfully show it on my end but other can't. So I want to apply the query that it auto generate in my own search. The query is:

^[^>\n]*>\s+\w+<(?P<Portname>[^>]+)[^:\n]*:\s+(?P<Status>\w+) at <(?P<IP>[^:]+):(?P<Port>[^>]+)

How do I apply it to Splunk search?

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Vardhan
Contributor

Hi @phamxuantung ,

If the fields are only visible to you but other can't .It means the extractions which you have created are in private.Make it global then others can make use of it.

If you want to put it in search then use the 

Rex command

|rex "^[^>\n]*>\s+\w+<(?P<Portname>[^>]+)[^:\n]*:\s+(?P<Status>\w+) at <(?P<IP>[^:]+):(?P<Port>[^>]+)"

If this answer helps you then upvote it.

View solution in original post

Vardhan
Contributor

Hi @phamxuantung ,

If the fields are only visible to you but other can't .It means the extractions which you have created are in private.Make it global then others can make use of it.

If you want to put it in search then use the 

Rex command

|rex "^[^>\n]*>\s+\w+<(?P<Portname>[^>]+)[^:\n]*:\s+(?P<Status>\w+) at <(?P<IP>[^:]+):(?P<Port>[^>]+)"

If this answer helps you then upvote it.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...