Splunk Search

How to use report data in search query

s_absinthe
Explorer

Hi everyone,

I need help in figuring out a way to use my report (table data) into calculations in my dashboard panel. I have a report that runs on daily basis and calculates avg response time of servers by environments (app name say ABC, def and xyz). Now I want to use this response time as an input to one of my panel's back end search.

So report data is like below

app name   response time      

1) ABC           0.234 sec

2) def            0.113 sec

3) xyz            0.227 sec

I want to use this response time to build gauge in my dashboard panel. I have added this report in my dashboard panel that gives in a search ref tag but I don't know how to use this further.

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

SanjayReddy
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @s_absinthe 
you are using report as base search 

<search id="id1" ref="reportname"></search>

please use id of report into panel that you indetended to use 

<row>
<panel>
<single>
<search base="id1"> 
<query> addition processing qurey </query>
</single>
</panel>
</row>

View solution in original post

s_absinthe
Explorer

Thank you for the answer. I was not aware of the "ref" attribute and had only used "id" and then used query with my panels till now. This solution worked for me.

SanjayReddy
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @s_absinthe 
you are using report as base search 

<search id="id1" ref="reportname"></search>

please use id of report into panel that you indetended to use 

<row>
<panel>
<single>
<search base="id1"> 
<query> addition processing qurey </query>
</single>
</panel>
</row>

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...