Splunk Search

How to use regex to filter out Windows events with Account names ending with $?

kiran331
Builder

Hi

How to edit props.conf and transforms.conf to exclude the windows events with event Codes 4634 at indexing time and Account_Name ending with $? Below is the sample eventalt text

0 Karma

Sukisen1981
Champion

Hi,

Why don't you try blacklist in inputs.conf if you are on universal forwarder?
[your stanza / what you are monitoring]
blacklist = 400
will ignore all 400 type errors

0 Karma

malvidin
Communicator

I recommend not using a regular expression.

<base search> NOT (EventCode="4634" OR Account_Name="*$")

If you're set on using regular expressions, try the following.

<base search>
| regex Account_Name!="\$$"
| regex EventCode!="4634"

Both searches assume you've extracted those fields. You can create a regular expression to search against the raw field, but I recommend searching against extracted fields.

If you want to go a step further, try mapping it to the Splunk CIM, and then searching against the CIM field names.

0 Karma

kiran331
Builder

I want to ignore them at indexing time

0 Karma

istutig
Loves-to-Learn Lots

@kiran331 Did you find the correct regex to blacklist Account name ending with $ at index time

0 Karma

malvidin
Communicator

I recommend changing your question title and summary to include the information from your comment, or you might get answers that don't address your situation.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...