Splunk Search

How to use action="blocked" on search bar ?

Nasser
Explorer

I have file.csv and I want to do an action, action="blocked" but it appears to me there is no result after searching so is there any a way to help me?Screenshot 2023-02-02 192507.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Nasser,

booleans operators must be used in UPPERCASE, in addition the AND operator is mandatory only in eval.

This means that you're searching using as additional conditions: action="blocked" and the word "and".

Ciao.

Giuseppe 

View solution in original post

ghaidaqader

Hi Nasser I am taking the same course I tried multiple queries nothing worked can you help me

source="3--المصدر-الداعم-الثالثسجل-الملفات.csv" host="Ghaidas-MBP" index="main" sourcetype="stc_logs" action="blocked"     

I used this Query as well to count action 

source="3--المصدر-الداعم-الثالثسجل-الملفات.csv" host="Ghaidas-MBP" index="main" sourcetype="stc_logs" | stats count by action

but neither queries have yielded any results 

0 Karma

Nasser
Explorer

try this

booleans operators must be used in UPPERCASE, in addition the AND operator is mandatory only in eval.

This means that you're searching using as additional conditions: action="blocked" and the word "and".

Ciao.

0 Karma

abdullahR

hello Nasser can you help me on this?

0 Karma

Nasser
Explorer

Thanks a lot it helped me

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Nasser,

Ciao.

Giuseppe 

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...