Splunk Search

How to unite different fields into one field?

marxsabandana
Path Finder

I'm about to unite product codes from 2 different sourcetypes with different names, but with the same value.

Here's a sample table:
ProdID_1 (from sourcetype A)

ProdID_2 (from sourcetype B)

My desired output should be unified like this:
ProdID

1 Solution

koshyk
Super Champion

There are quite few methods depending on how much other fields you want to protect/align
1. Using Rename

index=* (sourcetpe=A Or sourcetype=B) | rename ProdID_1 as ProdID| rename ProdID_2 as ProdID
  1. using eval (if you need to keep the original fields too)

index=* (sourcetpe=A Or sourcetype=B) | eval ProdID=ProdID_1 | eval ProdID=ProdID_2

1. Using transaction (if you want to club events of same ProdID into single transaction)

index=* (sourcetpe=A Or sourcetype=B) | rename ProdID_1 as ProdID| rename ProdID_2 as ProdID
    | transaction ProdID

View solution in original post

koshyk
Super Champion

There are quite few methods depending on how much other fields you want to protect/align
1. Using Rename

1. using eval (if you need to keep the original fields too)

index=* (sourcetpe=A Or sourcetype=B) | eval ProdID=ProdID_1 | eval ProdID=ProdID_2

1. Using transaction (if you want to club events of same ProdID into single transaction)

| transaction ProdID

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...