Splunk Search

How to show more than 50 events on a page in 7.x ?

zebu14
Explorer

Hello,
In Splunk previous versions (5.x) there was an editable file to be able to add more choices for the number of displayed events (10/20/50 per page)

I want to display more events on each page (100 / 200) because my logs are quite verbose.

The question has already been asked for Splunk 6.x, but I am searching for a solution on version 7.1.

Any idea ?

Thank you

Tags (2)

aguthrie1190
Path Finder

I'm not sure how supported this change is. But you can change the values in these two files:
/opt/splunk/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/exposed/build/pages/enterprise/search.js
/opt/splunk/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/exposed/build/pages/enterprise/common.js

Look for this JSON block:
{value:"10",label:("10 per page").t()},{value:"20",label:("20 per page").t()},{value:"50",label:_("50 per page").t()}

And add additional values to it:
{value:"10",label:("10 per page").t()},{value:"20",label:("20 per page").t()},{value:"50",label:("50 per page").t()},{value:"100",label:("100 per page").t()}

This code appears multiple times in each file, so you'll have to replace it each time.

0 Karma

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

Hi, this you want on the splunk search page or on the dashboard?

0 Karma

zebu14
Explorer

On the splunk search page, yes.

I tried to edit the following files :
./share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/exposed/js/views/search/results/eventspane/controls/Master.js
./share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/exposed/js/views/search/searchhistory/historycontent/Master.js
./share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/exposed/js/views/dataset/tablecontainer/results/DatasetControls.js

With no success for the moment.

0 Karma

inventsekar
Ultra Champion
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...