Splunk Search

How to show count increase by percent from average of the last X months?

summitsplunk
Communicator

Is it possible to

index="myindex" mcType=auditLog | search auditType="*" | stats count by auditType | where count (This is where I don't know what to do)

Is it possible to show where count has increased by 10 percent from the average of the last 12 months.?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Sukisen1981
Champion

Hi,
You are probably looking for something like filter days where count >10% of yearly average.
Try this query as it is, I wrote it on the _audit index so that it works for you as wellindex="_audit" | timechart span=1d count| eventstats avg(count) as avg | where count >=0.1*avg

You need to retro fit your index

View solution in original post

somesoni2
Revered Legend

What's time range you're using for your original query?

0 Karma

Sukisen1981
Champion

Hi,
You are probably looking for something like filter days where count >10% of yearly average.
Try this query as it is, I wrote it on the _audit index so that it works for you as wellindex="_audit" | timechart span=1d count| eventstats avg(count) as avg | where count >=0.1*avg

You need to retro fit your index

summitsplunk
Communicator

This is sort of what I'm looking for.

Is there a way to format the query so that it counts by audittype and displays the average next to it like you did for your index?

Like if I did

index="myindex" mcType=auditLog auditType="*" |stats count by auditType

It currently shows as

auditType , count

but I'd love to see

auditType , avg, count

With your query index="myindex" mcType=auditLog auditType=* | timechart span=1d count| eventstats avg(count) as avg | where count >=0.1*avg

I'm getting time, count , average

0 Karma

Sukisen1981
Champion

index="myindex" mcType=auditLog auditType="*" |stats count by auditType|eventstats avg(count) as avg | where count >=0.1*avg | fields - avg

0 Karma

summitsplunk
Communicator

Thank you, this was very helpful to steer me in the right direction.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...