Splunk Search

How to set latest to be relative to earliest + 1h?

amylala
Explorer

How to set latest = earliest + 1h ?

The reason I ask this question is because I want to add drilldown function into a column time chart. Time span of the chart is 1h.
I can get the time of a selected column, which I will use as the earliest time. And I want to set latest to be + one hour from earliest.

Or it would be great if anyone can tell me how to get the time range of a selected column.

1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

With relative_time and map, like this (run anywhere example):

| noop | stats count AS latest | eval earliest=relative_time(now(), "-1d@d") | eval latest=earliest+3600 | map search="search earliest=$earliest$ latest=$latest$ index=_internal"

Just replace index=_internal with your search.

View solution in original post

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

With relative_time and map, like this (run anywhere example):

| noop | stats count AS latest | eval earliest=relative_time(now(), "-1d@d") | eval latest=earliest+3600 | map search="search earliest=$earliest$ latest=$latest$ index=_internal"

Just replace index=_internal with your search.

amylala
Explorer
      <link> 
        <![CDATA[ 
         /app/search/search?q=search index=app .. earliest=$earliest$ latest=$latest$ 
         ]]> 
       </link> 

Thanks, woodcock. I can drill down to clicked time range with above query. No need to add internal for latest.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

OK, be sure to click "Accept" to close the question.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...