Splunk Search

How to search total events by sourcetype using tstats with timechart to put in a summary index?

mwdbhyat
Builder

Hi,

I need a top count of the total number of events by sourcetype to be written in tstats(or something as fast) with timechart put into a summary index, and then report on that SI. Using sitimechart changes the columns of my inital tstats command, so I end up having no count to report on. Any thoughts? My initial search before the sitimechart is:

| tstats count where index=main* groupby sourcetype _time

Thanks

1 Solution

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

try this one -

| tstats count WHERE index=* by sourcetype _time

or, main* is required, then

| tstats count WHERE index=main* by sourcetype _time

View solution in original post

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

try this one -

| tstats count WHERE index=* by sourcetype _time

or, main* is required, then

| tstats count WHERE index=main* by sourcetype _time

mwdbhyat
Builder

I found out the issue - I was just being an idiot and wrote my si command differently to the actual timechart. Thanks anyway!

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

regarding that timechart, you can check this one..

| tstats count WHERE index=main by _time host sourcetype span=30m | timechart span=30m sum(count) by sourcetype

if the issue is resolved, can you accept this answer.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...