Splunk Search

How to search the top 5 distinct users per day in the last 7 days?

spin691t

Hello Everyone
I'm a new user.
I would like to search the top 5 user logfail distinct by day in the last 7 days.
I wrote the search below, but I receive the top 5 users in the 7 days (one table with 5 rows), but not distinct per day (one table with 35 rows).
Could you help me?
Thank you in advance

|tag="WINDOWS" (Logon_Type="2" OR Logon_Type="3" OR Logon_Type="7" OR Logon_Type="10") tag=LOGFAIL | eval User_Name=mvindex(User_Name, -1) | eval User_lower=lower(User_Name) | eval Event_day=strftime(_time, "%Y-%m-%d" )| top 5 Event_day User_Name | sort -Event_day
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

pradeepkumarg
Influencer

See if this works

|tag="WINDOWS" (Logon_Type="2" OR Logon_Type="3" OR Logon_Type="7" OR Logon_Type="10") tag=LOGFAIL | eval User_Name=mvindex(User_Name, -1) | eval User_lower=lower(User_Name) | eval Event_day=strftime(_time, "%Y-%m-%d" )|stats count by Event_day User_Name | sort -Event_day, -count | dedup 5 Event_day

View solution in original post

0 Karma

markthompson
Builder

To get the distinct values,
you can use the dedup functionality,

| dedup User_name

You could also look at the timewrap function, https://apps.splunk.com/app/1645/

This allows you to view on a daily/weekly basis

Hope this helps 🙂

0 Karma

pradeepkumarg
Influencer

See if this works

|tag="WINDOWS" (Logon_Type="2" OR Logon_Type="3" OR Logon_Type="7" OR Logon_Type="10") tag=LOGFAIL | eval User_Name=mvindex(User_Name, -1) | eval User_lower=lower(User_Name) | eval Event_day=strftime(_time, "%Y-%m-%d" )|stats count by Event_day User_Name | sort -Event_day, -count | dedup 5 Event_day

0 Karma

spin691t

Hello
now I would like in visualization one stack with the 5 user per day but at the moment I have 5 stack with a single userid per day(35 single stack). I've selected "stack" in the visualization panel but doesn't work.
What I've to do?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...