Splunk Search

How to search iterate through lookup file

chrisfilor
Engager

I have an input lookup table with a list of user accounts we are trying to search through.

Instead of doing index=wineventlog EventCode=4624 user=user1 OR user=user2 OR user=user3.....etc

How can I use the lookup table to search on the user field?

As of now, I have this but it is returning no results:

index=wineventlog_ad EventCode=4624 [inputlookup user_list_lookup.csv]
0 Karma
1 Solution

starcher
Influencer

Use lookups as lookups. and make sure the column name is the same as the user field in the data or use user AS userName or whatever the field is.

index=wineventlog_ad EventCode=4624 | lookup user_list_lookup user OUTPUT user as isFound | where isnotnull(isFound)

View solution in original post

starcher
Influencer

Use lookups as lookups. and make sure the column name is the same as the user field in the data or use user AS userName or whatever the field is.

index=wineventlog_ad EventCode=4624 | lookup user_list_lookup user OUTPUT user as isFound | where isnotnull(isFound)

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...