Splunk Search

How to search for loggins outside a specified time range?

scootsblue48

Hi,

I have been looking to see if splunk has the capability of searching for loggins outside of a specified set time range on windows and linux systems. What I mean by this is that I am looking to see loggings that only happen before, lets say, 0600 and after 1600. any information that i can get would be much appreciated.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

yuanliu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I think you are looking for strftime.  In the following, I'll also use relative_time to simplify the logic.

| eval shour = strftime(relative_time(_time, "+8h"), "%H") ``` push start to zero ```
| where shour < 15

Hope this helps. 

Tags (2)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk can search for almost anything (some searches are simply easier done than others). It's about what kind of data you have in your Splunk. Remember that Splunk searches data it has stored in its indexes so you first have to feed the data from various systems to splunk. If you do that, then yes, it can perform such searches if your data is properly onboarded.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...