Splunk Search

How to round the values before decimal or upto 2 decimal points?

microsac
Explorer
Hello experts,

How to round up the values either before decimal point or up to max two decimal point.

Below is my search query:

| mstats avg(_value) prestats=true WHERE metric_name="memory.used" AND "index"="*" AND 
(
"host"="fsx2098" OR
"host"="fsx2099" OR
"host"="fsx0102" OR
"host"="fsx0319" OR
"host"="fsxtp072"
) AND `sai_metrics_indexes` span=auto BY host
| timechart avg(_value) useother=false BY host WHERE max in top20
| fields - _span*

Below is Result of above:

microsac_0-1648575164293.png

Desired Value:

time                                                 host 1              host2              host3                host4

2022-03-29 13:20:00             26                       33                     34                     32
2022-03-29 13:21:00             27                       34                    34                    34

OR

time                                                 host 1              host2              host3                host4

2022-03-29 13:20:00             26.80                33.96             34.25                 32.93

Any help will be much appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try like this

| mstats avg(_value) prestats=true WHERE metric_name="memory.used" AND "index"="*" AND 
(
"host"="fsx2098" OR 
"host"="fsx2099" OR 
"host"="fsx0102" OR 
"host"="fsx0319" OR 
"host"="fsxtp072"
| fields - _span*
| foreach * [| eval "<<FIELD>>"=round('<<FIELD>>',2) ]

Change the round function parameter based on how much precision you want. (ignore the parameter for no decimal point)

View solution in original post

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try like this

(
"host"="fsx2098" OR 
"host"="fsx2099" OR 
"host"="fsx0102" OR 
"host"="fsx0319" OR 
"host"="fsxtp072"
| fields - _span*
| foreach * [| eval "<<FIELD>>"=round('<<FIELD>>',2) ]

Change the round function parameter based on how much precision you want. (ignore the parameter for no decimal point)

microsac
Explorer

Is there anything which we can only get values before decimal,   another point if there is a better way to put the multiple host into a bucket rather calling then with multiple "OR" conditions.

Sorry for asking too much.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...