Splunk Search

How to retain original _time from one index using collect command to another index.

bogdan_nicolesc
Communicator

Hi all,

I'm using Splunk 7.2.4(.2)

I have an issue, where i want to run this command:

index="defaultdb_713" sourcetype="winnetmon" | collect index="webtest1004" sourcetype="WinNetMon"

and retain the original _time from index="defaultdb_713".

I tried before to move with this command, and realized that using collect command will actually put the timestamp of the system on _time field instead of original timestamp from the old _time field.

Thank you,
Bogdan.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

sduff_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Use the addtime option documented at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.5/SearchReference/Collect

index="defaultdb_713" sourcetype="winnetmon" | collect index="webtest1004" sourcetype="WinNetMon" addtime=false

0 Karma

bogdan_nicolesc
Communicator

Hi sduff,

I tried that command and didn't worked, like if it was ignoring command "addtime=false".

I want to mention the fact that i have read documentation on Collect, and didn't satisfied my lack of knowledge AkA didn't understand a word from that, except the "addtime=false" and "addtime=true".

Thnak you,
Bogdan

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...