Splunk Search

How to replace 2 different characters in the same field?

fariapm1
Explorer

Hi,

I have a csv that is imported to splunk and one of those fields has a space for the thousands and ends with  ",00",  I need it to be an integer only with numbers.

fariapm1_1-1674740198350.png

I can solve this this with 2 lines:

| eval test=replace(field1,",00","")
       | eval test=replace(test," ","")

But I want to create a new field with Calculated fields. How can I do that in one line of code?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| eval test=replace(replace(field1,",00","")," ","")

View solution in original post

fariapm1
Explorer

Hi,

It worked. 

I've already tried that but if you notice the space has a red dot. When I tried its only the " "

fariapm1_0-1674742668161.png

Tks for your help!

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Given that the replace function supports regex expressions, you could try it this way:

| eval test=replace(replace(field1,",00",""),"\s","")
0 Karma

fariapm1
Explorer

In your opinion what's the most efficient ?

" " or "\s" ?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It depends on your events - if spaces are the only type of white space used, then " " would be slightly more efficient, although improvement that might not be detectable, so if there is a possibility that other white space characters might be used, then "\s" might be safer.

0 Karma

fariapm1
Explorer

Hi,

In this case it was a new type of space that appeared in my CSV file and it's not the 1st time that this happens.

Thank you for your support !!!

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| eval test=replace(replace(field1,",00","")," ","")
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...