Splunk Search

How to rename column values when making a chart

sakeebhossain
Explorer

I have a table which has a store_id, a shopper_id. For example (1, 5231). Each store_id corresponds to a the store name, i.e. For store_id, 1 refers to Walmart, 2 refers to Whole Food and 3 refers to Costco.

If I want to see how many shoppers each store has. If I do the query

source=SHOPER_AUDIT | top store_id

then I get what I want. However, the Y-axis store has store_id as 1,2 or 3. I want to rename them to Walmart, Whole Foods and Costco, respectively. Is it possible to do this?

HeinzWaescher
Motivator

Try to add this at the end of your search

| replace 1 WITH "Walmart" , 2 WITH "WholeFood" , 2 WITH "Costco" IN store_id

bcdady
Explorer

Thanks for this reminder @HeinzWaescher. I'm working on a search/report, in which I already use replace with a wildcard to remove some redundant / superfluous text, but I hadn't yet used it like this.
This is just what I needed to improve my timechart!

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

use a lookup table? create a basic lookup that looks like this
store_id, store_name
1,walmart
2,costco
3,blah
read this docs here and follow through
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.3/Knowledge/Addfieldsfromexternaldatasources

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...