Splunk Search

How to prevent data truncation in TABLE command?

pkurt
Path Finder

Hi All,

I have a data truncation problem. I have a long event that is >10,000 characters. I updated the props.conf TRUNCATE field to 100,000 and this works great to view full event. However, when I want to dump data in an organized format with TABLE command it still limits me to 10,000 characters.

Specifically, I have a search command like this:

{base search} | table key1, key2, key3, ...

{base search} displays more than 10,000 characters if I run it by itself because I changed TRUNCATE in props.conf. But when I add "| table" then table thinks that I am only giving it 10,000 characters. So some output keys in the table are broken.

Is there a different property I can update in props.conf to fix this problem?

0 Karma
1 Solution

pkurt
Path Finder
0 Karma

pkurt
Path Finder
0 Karma

pkurt
Path Finder

I followed the instructions given in this link for the truncated results:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.1.2/SearchReference/Table

My limit.conf file has "truncate_report=FALSE" as default. I changed it to "0". It gave still truncated results...
I also tried setting it to "1" in order to make max_count to be effective, but it did not work either. I also tried "fields" instead of "table" function but it still returns truncated results.

I would appreciate any further help. Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...