Splunk Search

How to prevent data truncation in TABLE command?

pkurt
Path Finder

Hi All,

I have a data truncation problem. I have a long event that is >10,000 characters. I updated the props.conf TRUNCATE field to 100,000 and this works great to view full event. However, when I want to dump data in an organized format with TABLE command it still limits me to 10,000 characters.

Specifically, I have a search command like this:

{base search} | table key1, key2, key3, ...

{base search} displays more than 10,000 characters if I run it by itself because I changed TRUNCATE in props.conf. But when I add "| table" then table thinks that I am only giving it 10,000 characters. So some output keys in the table are broken.

Is there a different property I can update in props.conf to fix this problem?

0 Karma
1 Solution

pkurt
Path Finder
0 Karma

pkurt
Path Finder
0 Karma

pkurt
Path Finder

I followed the instructions given in this link for the truncated results:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.1.2/SearchReference/Table

My limit.conf file has "truncate_report=FALSE" as default. I changed it to "0". It gave still truncated results...
I also tried setting it to "1" in order to make max_count to be effective, but it did not work either. I also tried "fields" instead of "table" function but it still returns truncated results.

I would appreciate any further help. Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...