Splunk Search

How to pass search name to savedsearch

damucka
Builder

Hello,

I have the following search, which works fine and returns the proper result "RCA_MEMORY":

|makeresults
 | eval mysearch = 
   [
   |dbxquery query="call \"ML\".\"ML.PROCEDURES::PR_ALERT_TYPE_ANALYSING_LAST_MINUTES_AND_MISSING_DATA_ALL_HOSTS\"('BWP', to_timestamp(to_nvarchar('2019-07-16 18:53:00', 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI'),'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI'), ?)" connection="HANA_MLBSO" 
   | eval mysearch = if(like(RCA_TO_REPORT, "%MEMORY%"), "\"RCA_MEMORY\"",
                          (if(like(RCA_TO_REPORT, "%CPU%"), "\"RCA_CPU\"", 0)))
   | return $mysearch
   ]
 | eval f1 = "\"" 
 | strcat f1 mysearch f1 mysearchname
 | return $mysearchname

But when I now wrap it and pass to the savedsearch command, I get the following error:
Error in 'eval' command: Failed to parse the provided arguments. Usage: eval dest_key = expression
The code loos as follows:

|savedsearch [
    |makeresults
     | eval mysearch = 
       [
       |dbxquery query="call \"ML\".\"ML.PROCEDURES::PR_ALERT_TYPE_ANALYSING_LAST_MINUTES_AND_MISSING_DATA_ALL_HOSTS\"('BWP', to_timestamp(to_nvarchar('2019-07-16 18:53:00', 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI'),'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI'), ?)" connection="HANA_MLBSO" 
       | eval mysearch = if(like(RCA_TO_REPORT, "%MEMORY%"), "\"RCA_MEMORY\"",
                              (if(like(RCA_TO_REPORT, "%CPU%"), "\"RCA_CPU\"", 0)))
       | return $mysearch
       ]
     | eval f1 = "\"" 
     | strcat f1 mysearch f1 mysearchname
     | return $mysearchname
     ]

Please advice.

Kind regards,
Kamil

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing Data to Different Splunk Indexes in the OpenTelemetry Collector

This blog post is part of an ongoing series on OpenTelemetry. The OpenTelemetry project is the second largest ...

Getting Started with AIOps: Event Correlation Basics and Alert Storm Detection in ...

Getting Started with AIOps:Event Correlation Basics and Alert Storm Detection in Splunk IT Service ...

Register to Attend BSides SPL 2022 - It's all Happening October 18!

Join like-minded individuals for technical sessions on everything Splunk!  This is a community-led and run ...