Splunk Search

How to overlay line chart on a timerange column chart??

nikitha15
Explorer

Hey everyone. I am a newbie to splunk and i am stuck at this problem. So i have a column chart which shows data for a time range between two dates ex. 6/9/2020-6/23/2020 like in the pic below.

IMG_20200616_124035__01__01.jpg

So the query i used for this is 

Index=main sourcetype = timeline | eval dates= beginning_date."-".ending_date | stats count by dates, target | xyseries dates target count

So now what i want is...if i append another search to this which contains data on 6/15/2020, It is treating 6/15/2020 as a seperate date. Like this

IMG_20200616_152129__01.jpg

In the above image i want the line chart on date 2020-06-15 to go on to top of the column chart as that date lies in between 2020-06-09   -   2020-06-23(changed format of time).i want to overlay line chart on top of column chart. 

Here these are the fields i used

beginning date.              Ending date

6/9/2020.                         6/23/2020

And i want to create the query with these fields and not _time.

Any help is appreciated and if there is anything u didn't understand in my question plz let me know. Thanks a lot.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...