Splunk Search

How to map metadata ACS value to a public domain?

jameszeng
Engager

Hi, I have deployed a splunk enterprise server on AWS ec2 so that I have a public domain name.

When I configure the IDP, I need to enter the ACS value from Service Provider splunk.
But my issue here is that in my metadata, the ACS value shows my server hostname when I fill it in IDP, it cannot be redirected back to Splunk after authentication. I changed the hostname with the domain name in Splunk settings, but the metadata did not change.

How can I map them so that IDP could redirect back to Splunk?
Thanks

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

I am sure that I am not understanding your problem so this may not help but you can control how any Splunk forwarder self-identifies with these commands:

$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk set servername
$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk set default-hostname

There are also show versions of these commands:

$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk show servername
$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk show default-hostname
0 Karma

felipesewaybric
Contributor

Once I have a similar problem with metadata, then I use Nginx to control the redirections.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...