Splunk Search

How to make Search Visualization where count=0?

ToddClayton
Engager

Complete novice here, but I was able to get my search result thanks to others who have had questions.

Currently I'm successfully running a search that shows me by hour where count = 0

<<search>>

| timechart span=1h count

| where count=0

I get my date/hour in statistics showing me each hour that's getting a count of 0. 

But I'd like to visualize it better. Hit Visualize and it shows me a nice chart with a flatlined Y axis. Of course, because everything is 0.

I can't quite wrap my head around showing this data in a more visually appealing format. Every day there are a couple of "0 count" hours. Maybe something that shows each day and the number of "0 count" hours? 

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try adding | timechart span=1d count to the end of the query.  That should give the number of hours with zero counts each day.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try adding | timechart span=1d count to the end of the query.  That should give the number of hours with zero counts each day.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

ToddClayton
Engager

That helps greatly!

Thank you very much @richgalloway!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...