Splunk Search

How to log SQL queries in DB Connect 1

paulski82

We have some old DB Connect 1.2.2 inputs defined that need to migrated to DB Connect 3.1.4. In order to debug some weird issues between the two versions, I need to be able to see the exact SQL query that the DB Connect 1.2.2 is running.

I can see SQL queries running in DB Connect 3 in the log file $SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/splunk/splunk_app_db_connect_audit_server.log. I'm looking for similar logs in DB Connect 1.

I've read through the troubleshooting documentation for DB Connect 1.2.2.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/1.2.2/DeployDBX/Troubleshoot

I've increased the verbosity of the logging for SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/splunk/dbx.log in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/dbx/local/java.conf as follows:

---8<---
[logging]
level = DEBUG
file = dbx.log
console = false
logger.com.splunk.dbx = DEBUG
---8<---

I can see where the input is getting kicked off periodically, but I can't see the actual SQL queries being run. Does anyone know how to configure this logging for DB Connect 1.2.2? I'd do a packet dump on the database session, but I don't have root access on this server to run tcpdump.

Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...