Splunk Search

How to join two searches for stats command

prakashbhanu407

I have 2 queries and need to show the result of both in one table

index=someindex queryType="ts" filename=PNASC.HRBDT status=1 | dedup filename |rename filename as Daily| stats count(Daily)
Daily Query Output

index=someindex queryType="ts" filename=RECON status=1 | dedup filename |rename filename as Weekly | stats count(Weekly)

both the above queries work individually but when joined as below

index=someindex queryType="ts" filename=RECON status=1| dedup filename |rename filename as Weekly| join queryType [search index=someindex queryType="ts" filename=PNASC.HRBDT status=1 | dedup filename |rename filename as Daily ]| stats count(Daily),count(Weekly)

gives incorrect output

Joined query output

0 Karma
1 Solution

fdi01
Motivator

try like

index=someindex queryType="ts" filename=PNASC.HRBDT status=1 | dedup filename |rename filename as Daily| stats count(Daily)|appendcols  [search index=someindex queryType="ts" filename=RECON status=1 | dedup filename |rename filename as Weekly | stats count(Weekly)]

View solution in original post

fdi01
Motivator

try like

index=someindex queryType="ts" filename=PNASC.HRBDT status=1 | dedup filename |rename filename as Daily| stats count(Daily)|appendcols  [search index=someindex queryType="ts" filename=RECON status=1 | dedup filename |rename filename as Weekly | stats count(Weekly)]

seeyonraj
Engager

Perfect!

0 Karma

prakashbhanu407

I was trying Joining the 2 searches but "appendcols" worked like a charm...thanks.

0 Karma

sk314
Builder

I am not sure why you are deduping. Assuming that's what you want...try this:

index=someindex queryType="ts" filename=RECON OR filename=PNASC.HRBDT status=1| dedup filename | stats count by  filename
0 Karma

prakashbhanu407

The files have date timestamp extension and I need to show them bundled by the types...hence this will not work.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...