Splunk Search

How to join 2 events and retrieve the status?

Shashank_87
Explorer

Hi,

I have a scenario where I need to check if a customer has placed an order when he has been offered an offer.
So suppose there are total 100 customers who has been offered a particular offer and 40 of them placed an order but rest of them have not.
I need a query to show all those customers session ID in a tabular format and a column at the end which either says "Completed" OR "Not Completed". Here are the 2 queries -

1. This fetches all customer who have this offer in their basket.
index=test sourcetype="test_log" OR "Cart: at checkout" "OFFER1"
| dedup sessionID

2. This tells if a customer has placed an order
index=test sourcetype="test_log" "Order placed for Order num*".

I need something like this -

sessionID               offer                STATUS
23455454AXS OFFER1            Completed
45565MCHDA       OFFER1            NOT Completed

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

HiroshiSatoh
Champion

I do not know the field to determine the status, but I think that it can be edited in STATS.

index=test sourcetype="test_log" |eval STATUS=if(XXXXX,"Completed","NOT Completed")
|table sessionID ,offer ,STATUS
|stats latest(*) as * by sessionID 

View solution in original post

0 Karma

HiroshiSatoh
Champion

I do not know the field to determine the status, but I think that it can be edited in STATS.

index=test sourcetype="test_log" |eval STATUS=if(XXXXX,"Completed","NOT Completed")
|table sessionID ,offer ,STATUS
|stats latest(*) as * by sessionID 
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...