Splunk Search

How to include earliest and latest date time in the results

stevenulbrich
Explorer

Hello,

I feels this such a noob question but just cannot find my answer. I want to include the earliest and latest datetime criteria in the results.  The results of the bucket _time span does not guarantee that data occurs.  I want to show range of the data searched for in a saved search/report.

index=idx_noluck_prod source=*nifi-app.log* APILifeCycleEventLogger "Event Durations(ms)" API=/v*/payments/ach/*
| bucket _time span=day |stats count(eval(EndToEnd < 1200)) as EndToEnd_Completed_1.2-Seconds, count(eval(EndToEnd)) as Total_Transactions by ClientId,_time

Thank you all in advance for increasing my understanding and knowledge.
Steven

Labels (2)
1 Solution

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

ok then, @stevenulbrich , there is a "addinfo" which will add two interesting fields to the search results(you may need to convert these times using "convert"/strptime/strftime commands). once these fields are added to the search results, at the last stage, inside the table command you can use these fields.

info_min_timeThe earliest time boundary for the search.
info_max_timeThe latest time boundary for the search.

command https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/SearchReference/Addinfo

View solution in original post

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

ok then, @stevenulbrich , there is a "addinfo" which will add two interesting fields to the search results(you may need to convert these times using "convert"/strptime/strftime commands). once these fields are added to the search results, at the last stage, inside the table command you can use these fields.

info_min_timeThe earliest time boundary for the search.
info_max_timeThe latest time boundary for the search.

command https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/SearchReference/Addinfo

stevenulbrich
Explorer

The information was what I needed.  Thank you

using the eval with strftime it allowed me to convert to a MM/DD/YYYY format.

🙂

Steven

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
But remember that as you are using bucket span=1d _time, you didn’t get real min and max time instead you get the day.

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

how about addinfo ?

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @stevenulbrich After saving the report, after its run, do want it to send an email to you with the report results? if so, on the "add action" of the report, when you enable the mail option, there is a check-box to include the search string (on the search string, you should include earliest and latest, so that it will be available on the email report as well)

report-action.jpg

0 Karma

stevenulbrich
Explorer

Hello inventsekar

I will not sending the report. I am going to use the report as part of my Python SDK solution.  I have to take the data and generate longer term data capture and reporting.

So I'm sorry the including of the search string will not be ba solution.

As I work with the data in Pandas and Excel the the Earliest and Latest dates will be used to show when the data was pulled.  The splunk I'm using can only hold 30 days of data maximum.

Steven

Tags (1)
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...