Splunk Search

How to identify where the Splunk roles - authorize.conf is located in an app

harshal_chakran
Builder

Hi all,
I have an authorize.conf located in an application, which is usually deployed via Deployer to SH members.
There is also an authorize.conf at our system/local directory ( Created by GUI).

Currently these two files are bit interlinked now.
Example : A role is created at App level ( deployed via deployer) , but some inheritance/reference was added via GUI, hence this entry gets logged in system/local

Is there any way to identify if the role is present in system/local OR in the app??

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you could log into cmd line or run remotely splunk command on SHC nodes you could use 

splunk btool authorize list --debug

to see which version takes precedence. If needed you can try those app and user parameters too.

r. Ismo  

View solution in original post

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you could log into cmd line or run remotely splunk command on SHC nodes you could use 

splunk btool authorize list --debug

to see which version takes precedence. If needed you can try those app and user parameters too.

r. Ismo  

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @harshal_chakran,

you can use btool to have all the active configuractions:

./splunk cmd btool autorize -list --debug

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...