Splunk Search

How to identify the top aggressive scheduled searches in our environment in regards to frequency and resource utilization?

aniketb
Path Finder

I have a lot of scheduled searches in one of our shared accounts.

How do you analyze which are the top aggressive searches with regards to frequency (rt, 5 min etc.) or resources (not restricted to specific sourcetype, host etc.)

My intention is to clear out some intensive alerts/reports.

0 Karma

masonmorales
Influencer

This app was built to identify searches with high resource utilization (among other things): https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2678/

0 Karma

pradeepkumarg
Influencer

index=_internal sourcetype=scheduler

Start with the above search. You can then look how frequent a search is running by doing time chart on the savedsearch_name.

run_time, result_count are few other parameters you can look at to figure out expensive searches.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...