Splunk Search

How to hide a field from the legend in a bar chart?

Shan
Builder

Hi,

My current search I'm using to populate the value is given below.

source= transaction.csv    
| stats  values(AppName) as AppName, avg(Response_Time) as AverageResponseTime, max(Response_Time) as MaxResponseTime,
 min(Response_Time) as MinResponseTime   by custonernumber 
| table  custonernumber AppName  AverageResponseTime MaxResponseTime MinResponseTime | head 10

when i'm trying to show the data in bar chart, I'm getting legend names such as AppName AverageResponseTime MaxResponseTime MinResponseTime.
I want to hide or remove AppName from the legend in my bar chart, but I need to do it without removing AppName field from the search above.
I'm using that Appname field for a filter condition in my dashboard, so I cannot remove the Appname field from the above search.

Thanks in advance.

Shankarananth

Tags (3)
0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

hey @shankarananth

add this to dashboard XML

<option name="charting.legend.placement">none</option>

Let me know if it works!

0 Karma

srikanthvaddevo

can You please tell me how you achieved the answer? ,Can You please tell me how you acheived ?

0 Karma

pwmcity
Path Finder

Have you tried using fields?
Try appending:

| fields - AppName

You could probably also replace table with fields, something like:

| fields custonernumber AverageResponseTime MaxResponseTime MinResponseTime
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Are you using this search as base search? How are you adding filter and is it on other panels?

0 Karma

Shan
Builder

In other panels i can able to add it. because i am using the Appname field t be displayed in that chart else i'm displaying the data as statistics.

0 Karma

Shan
Builder

Hai,

Thank you very much .

I achieved that approach in another way ..

0 Karma

srikanthvaddevo

May I know how you acheived Mr.Shankaranath?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...