Splunk Search

How to get top values

xvxt006
Contributor

Hi, i have a report where i show top 50 404s by uri as shown below. Now i want to get the top referer for each URI in the same report. is it possible?

URI COUNT %

XXX 50 50%
YYY 25 25%
ZZZ 25 25%

output should have
URI COUNT % Referer Referercount REferer%
XXX 50 50%
YYY 25 25%
ZZZ 25 25%

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

thslopes
Explorer
yoursearch | top uri | join uri [search yoursearch | top uri referrer | eval referer_count=count | eval referer_percent=percent] | table uri count percent referrer referer_count referer_percent

View solution in original post

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Here's an approach to keep things within one search:

your search yielding 404 events | stats c by uri referer | eventstats max(c) as max sum(c) as count by uri | where max==c | fields - max c

You may want to sort, calculate percentages, and cut after the first n results afterwards to look similar to top.
Note: This does not handle cases where the top referers for one uri have equal counts. If that's important for you you can insert a ... | streamstats count as number by uri referer | where number==1 | fields - number at the end.

0 Karma

thslopes
Explorer
yoursearch | top uri | join uri [search yoursearch | top uri referrer | eval referer_count=count | eval referer_percent=percent] | table uri count percent referrer referer_count referer_percent

xvxt006
Contributor

Thank you all for your inputs

0 Karma

lukejadamec
Super Champion

You can try:

|top limit=50 uri |append [yoursearch |top top limit=50 referer by uri]

I've not tried this, but in theory it should work.

lukejadamec
Super Champion

Right, you want to maintain the numbers for both. I updated the answer.

0 Karma

xvxt006
Contributor

that will give me top referers but i want to get top uris for 404s and then for those uris i need top referers

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...