Splunk Search

How to get the output of particular text from the log message?

Bala
Explorer

Hi Team i have a log message and i want to filter the all log messages which contains the below highlighted text. and if the status value is other than 200 status!=200 separate that messages

{"timestamp":"2022-03-04T11:04:41.143Z","message":"ABCDEFG :::{\"status\":200,\"headers\":

{"timestamp":"2022-03-05T11:02:41.143Z","message":"ABCDEFG :::{\"status\":400,\"headers\":

{"timestamp":"2022-03-02T11:05:41.143Z","message":"ABCDEFG :::{\"status\":500,\"headers\":

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Bala,

when you say "filter" are you meaning at search time or before indexing?

if at search time, you can insert the condition in the main search:

index=your_index ("ABCDEFG :::{\"status\":400" OR "ABCDEFG :::{\"status\":500")

if before indexing, you have to follow the documentation at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.5/Forwarding/Routeandfilterdatad#Filter_event_data_...

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

Bala
Explorer

its not working

Log   "message":"ABCDEFG :::{\"status\":200,\"headers\":

| rex field=message "ABCDEFG\s...{."status.":"(?<status>\d+) | table status

am able to see the correct events but not able to see the values 200 in table 

correct me if am missing anything

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Bala,

let me understand, is your problem extracting the status field from your logs or what else?

if you want to extractthe status field, you can use a regex, but before a question: are you sure that in your logs there is a backslash "\" before quotes?

if yes, you can use the following regex:

| rex field=message "status\\\":(?<status>\d+)"

that you can test at https://regex101.com/r/cDYieK/1

if not, you can use the following regex:

| rex field=message "status\":(?<status>\d+)"

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...