Splunk Search

How to get started with making a choropleth map using data within a CSV file?

dsiob
Communicator

I went through documentation but not able to relate with my requirement. If someone is already in practice with maps, any tips will be helpful.

Problem Description:
I have a .csv file which have product data including name of US state (eg: California). So each row represents product details including state name, they belong to.
I have to achieve following:
1.) Create a US map, showing states
2.) Showing count of products over each state, they belongs to.
The .csv file can only have state name, it can't have Latitude/altitude or ip information of states.
If any .KMZ or any other lookup file required, pls provide some way to create/get it.

0 Karma
1 Solution

cmerriman
Super Champion

you could put this table into a csv and use it as a lookup table against yours by joining the states together, perhaps. that'll give you a lat/long to work with.

https://inkplant.com/code/state-latitudes-longitudes

View solution in original post

0 Karma

cmerriman
Super Champion

you could put this table into a csv and use it as a lookup table against yours by joining the states together, perhaps. that'll give you a lat/long to work with.

https://inkplant.com/code/state-latitudes-longitudes

0 Karma

cmerriman
Super Champion

did this work for what you needed? if so, could you please accept the answer to finish the question?

0 Karma

dsiob
Communicator

thanks @cmerriman it worked out..sorry for delay

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...