Splunk Search

How to get started with making a choropleth map using data within a CSV file?

dsiob
Communicator

I went through documentation but not able to relate with my requirement. If someone is already in practice with maps, any tips will be helpful.

Problem Description:
I have a .csv file which have product data including name of US state (eg: California). So each row represents product details including state name, they belong to.
I have to achieve following:
1.) Create a US map, showing states
2.) Showing count of products over each state, they belongs to.
The .csv file can only have state name, it can't have Latitude/altitude or ip information of states.
If any .KMZ or any other lookup file required, pls provide some way to create/get it.

0 Karma
1 Solution

cmerriman
Super Champion

you could put this table into a csv and use it as a lookup table against yours by joining the states together, perhaps. that'll give you a lat/long to work with.

https://inkplant.com/code/state-latitudes-longitudes

View solution in original post

0 Karma

cmerriman
Super Champion

you could put this table into a csv and use it as a lookup table against yours by joining the states together, perhaps. that'll give you a lat/long to work with.

https://inkplant.com/code/state-latitudes-longitudes

0 Karma

cmerriman
Super Champion

did this work for what you needed? if so, could you please accept the answer to finish the question?

0 Karma

dsiob
Communicator

thanks @cmerriman it worked out..sorry for delay

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...