Splunk Search

How to get query to extract phone numbers from an event?

KyleMcDougall
Path Finder

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a list of phone numbers for each event by sessionId. I can't quite figure it out. I think I need to use some sort of rex command. Here's what I have so far.

index=convo (input_type=VOICE OR input_type=SPEECH) botId=123456789 customerANI
| rex field=phone "\+1(?<phone_number>\d{10})"
| stats values(phone) as PhoneNumber by sessionId

Example event:

2022-09-26T06:18:41,105+0000 [INFO ] level=INFO  [https-jssa-exec-10]-[tid=be75a0f9-9039-41ea-8104-afe25cfa7177 authId=123456789 sessionId=10987654321 test=false botId=123456789 cfBotId=123456789  offl_TKT=true proto=V2 platform=WEB input_type=SPEECH appId=web.intlgntsys.cui.sbgiva sku= pn= cid=123456789123456789 convo=service_routing_info_call]-[ServiceClient]-[55  ] ExecutingRequest requestState=executing action=contact_channels input={"appName":"voice_bot","language":"en","locale":"en-us","query":"talk with an agent","inputs":{"customerQuestion":"a wrong charge","DNIS":"+18008008000","Level":"|","Year":"2019","universalId":"123456789","Rating":"|","edition":"Blue|Yellow|Green","experience":"phone","sku":"0","intent":"BILLING","platform":"web","customerANI":"+15555555555"}}

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

FelixLeh
Contributor

If the Event Example is the _raw data of the event then this should work:

| rex field=_raw "\"customerANI\"\:\"\+1(?<phone_number>\d{10})"
| stats values(phone_number) as PhoneNumber by sessionId

EDIT: for clarification, the query from my first answer obviously would still need the extraction:

If this was helpful please consider awarding Karma. Thx!

View solution in original post

FelixLeh
Contributor

If you are sure that the field which includes the phone number ist called "phone" then the extraction should work. Since you want a list of phone numbers though, the second part of your query should use the extracted field:

KyleMcDougall
Path Finder

The current query I have doesn't work. I just added phone_number for the sake of understanding in this thread.

In the event below, the phone number is listed as: 15555555555

0 Karma

FelixLeh
Contributor

If the Event Example is the _raw data of the event then this should work:

| rex field=_raw "\"customerANI\"\:\"\+1(?<phone_number>\d{10})"

EDIT: for clarification, the query from my first answer obviously would still need the extraction:

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...