Splunk Search

How to get event count hourly the last 7 days graph each day need to display different line ?

kumar22

one particular system event count hourly the last 7 days graph each day need to display different line

X - axis -- 0 - 24 hours

Y Axis - event count

Also is it possiable to trigger alert if any deviation

0 Karma
1 Solution

philipmattocks
Path Finder

Hi,

For the first part, you can use the timewrap function, see https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/6.6.3/SearchReference/Timewrap

Something like:

index=your_index earliest=-7d@d latest=@d 
| timechart span=1h count 
| timewrap 1d

Let me know if that helps.

Philip

View solution in original post

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try like this

your base search
| eval Day=strftime(_time,"%Y-%m-%d") | eval Hour=strftime(_time,"%H:00")
| chart count over Hour by Day
0 Karma

philipmattocks
Path Finder

Hi,

For the first part, you can use the timewrap function, see https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/6.6.3/SearchReference/Timewrap

Something like:

index=your_index earliest=-7d@d latest=@d 
| timechart span=1h count 
| timewrap 1d

Let me know if that helps.

Philip

kumar22

Thank you, Philip,

It's working fine. I have some more doubt in the graph.

1. In the graph sheet, we are getting 7 separate graphs with individual y-Axis. Is it possible to have consolidated graph for a week?
  2. Is it possible to customize field name - "NULL_6days_ago" as "6days_ago" ?
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

What do you mean by consolidated graph for a week? In you question you had asked for last 7 days graph with different lines.

For second query, you can try the following.

| rename "NULL_*" as *

For finding deviations you would need to add more historic data and possibly use Machine Learning Toolkit for finding suitable algorithm for outlier.

philipmattocks
Path Finder
  1. Do you have the multi-series mode enabled in your visualisation? If so, when you disable it, the graphs should be combined onto a single y-axis. The same goes for if you have trellis mode enabled.
  2. I'm not sure if you can change what these fields are called...what is the query you're using?

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...