Splunk Search

How to get count of multiple strings with common index and source type?

habisht
Explorer

I'm trying to create a dashboard which will display pie-charts from different results. For this, I've multiple strings from same index and same source type.
What I've tried:
1. get counts from each and then use in pie-chart with tokens.
2. append required search results and then use them in pie-chart.
Both are OK. but i think there might be some effective way to do this.

like: index=$index$ sourcetype=$sourcetype$ "my test string1" | count AS count1 "my test string2" | count AS count2

0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
Legend

@habisht,

Test this with one of your strings,

index=$index$ sourcetype=$sourcetype$ ("my test string1"  OR "my test string2" OR ..)
|stats count(eval(searchmatch("my test string1"))) as string1 ,count(eval(searchmatch("my test string2"))) as string2, ...
Happy Splunking!

View solution in original post

renjith_nair
Legend

@habisht,

Test this with one of your strings,

index=$index$ sourcetype=$sourcetype$ ("my test string1"  OR "my test string2" OR ..)
|stats count(eval(searchmatch("my test string1"))) as string1 ,count(eval(searchmatch("my test string2"))) as string2, ...
Happy Splunking!

habisht
Explorer

Thanks @renjith.nair it worked.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...