Splunk Search

How to get columns associated with max value of specific column in 30 minute time window?

nowakgft
Engager

Hello everyone,

I have following type of data to analyze:

timestamp endpoint executionTime
08:12 /products 0.3
08:20 /products 0.8
08:25 /users 0.5
08:41 /users 1.0
08:50 /products 0.7

I would like to display information about slowest endpoint in each 30 minute window, in this example it would look like:

timeWindow timestamp endpoint maxExecutionTime
08:00 08:20 /products 0.8
08:30 08:41 /users 1

It's fairly easy to gather data on maximum execution time only and so I created such a query:

index = myindex | timechart span=30m max(executionTime) as maxExecutionTime

but now I have no idea how to attach endpoint called and actual timestamp. How should I do it?

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Give this a try

index = myindex | bucket span=30m _time as timeWindow | eventstats max(executionTime) as max maxExecutionTime by endpoint
| where executionTime=MaxExecutionTime 
| table timeWindow _time endpoint maxExecutionTime
| convert ctime(timeWindow)

View solution in original post

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Give this a try

index = myindex | bucket span=30m _time as timeWindow | eventstats max(executionTime) as max maxExecutionTime by endpoint

nowakgft
Engager

I gave it a try, changed it in two places (corrected typo in max maxExecutionTime and changed by endpoint to by timeWindow).

index = myindex | bucket span=30m _time as timeWindow | eventstats max(executionTime) as maxExecutionTime by timeWindow

Now works like a charm 🙂 Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...