Splunk Search

How to get back event raw data to the search results preview in Splunk 6.1?

greg
Communicator

I have recently upgraded my version up to 6.1.3 and noticed such thing in Splunk UI, when doing a standard search.

Event raw data is no longer displayed in search results as the default field, so you have to expand the dropdown box manually and check it out there. It is not very convenient to observe a list of similar hosts, sources and sourcetypes instead of actual events, where you see the actual picture.

Is there any setting to return raw data back to the result table rows?

--

Earlier, we have the event raw data displayed in the search results table.

Like this:
Splunk 6.0 and earlier

And now it is hidden in the event details which is not comfortable:
Splunk 6.1 and later

0 Karma
1 Solution

gauldridge
Path Finder

It looks like you are using the "Table" view in the event window instead of the "List" view. Choose List in the dropdown above the events:

Table View:
List View:

View solution in original post

gauldridge
Path Finder

It looks like you are using the "Table" view in the event window instead of the "List" view. Choose List in the dropdown above the events:

Table View:
List View:

greg
Communicator

Yes, this is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...