Splunk Search

How to get a column chart to show count between two dates??

nikitha15
Explorer

Hi everyone, hope u r all doing good.

So i have a query i am not able to figure out.I need to show a visualisation of column chart which shows each bar containing data between two dates. I'll explain it clearly. 

IMG_20200615_144333__01__01.jpg

As u can see in the picture i  attached...it shows a timeline visualisation and data between two dates 6/9/2020-6/23/2020.

In the exact same way i want to show on a column chart. So that later if i add any data between those dates for ex. On 6/15/2020 and 6/16/2020 etc....and if i overlay it , it should show me a line chart on that column chart.I hope i am clear if not plz tell me.

So the query that I used for that timeline graph is:

Index= main sourcetype= timeline | rename "beginning_date" as start_date | rename "ending_date" as end_date | eval _time= strptime(start_date, "%m/%d/%Y") | eval end_time= strptime(end_date, "%m/%d/%Y") | eval duration = (end_time - _time) * 1000 | eval duration = IF(duration < 86400000, 0, duration) | stats count by _time, duration, "target" | table _time "target" duration

so most of this query is from the timeline gallery example dashboard in Splunk. I don't think duration work with a column chart to show 6/9/2020-6/23/2020 format like this. 

I have two fields 

Beginning_date.     Ending_date

6/9/2020.                      6/23/2020

Like this and I need to show something like the below pic:

IMG_20200615_165452.jpg

It would be really helpful if anyone could help me with this. Thanks. 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

sample2:

| tstats count where index=_internal sourcetype!=splunkd*  earliest=1 by _time span=1d sourcetype
| stats sum(count) as count min(_time) as start max(_time) as end by sourcetype
| convert ctime(start) ctime(end) timeformat="%m/%d/%Y"
| eval times=start."-".end
| xyseries  times sourcetype count

column chart with stack by percentagecolumn chart with stack by percentage

View solution in original post

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

sample:

| tstats count where index=_internal sourcetype!=splunkd*  earliest=1 by _time span=1d sourcetype
| stats dc(sourcetype) as count by _time sourcetype
| xyseries _time sourcetype count

Column ChartColumn Chart 

How about this image?

0 Karma

nikitha15
Explorer

Hi...i dnt think that is the way i want it to show. I have updated my question and added a pic ...plz check. 

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

sample2:

| stats sum(count) as count min(_time) as start max(_time) as end by sourcetype
| convert ctime(start) ctime(end) timeformat="%m/%d/%Y"
| eval times=start."-".end
| xyseries  times sourcetype count

column chart with stack by percentagecolumn chart with stack by percentage

nikitha15
Explorer

Hi...ya this is working but one thing. Does this only work for _time , bcoz i have dates in a seperate field that i have created and if i give that field name it's not working. Or is it bcoz, i created that field so the dates are in a string format and not date format???can u plz help me with this 

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

Index= main sourcetype= timeline 
| eval dates=beginning_date."-".ending_date
| stats count by dates, target 
| xyseries dates target count

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/SearchReference/Eval

You can fix the rest.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...