Splunk Search

How to generate an accumulating total bucketed by day per user?

mjones414
Contributor

Hello,

Im trying to accumulate and analyze a persons risk score every day, once per day, and only fire when the total score for a given user esceeds a pre-determined threshold for that amount of time has been exceeded.

for example, if I have a threshold chart for:
1 day
1 week
2 weeks
3 weeks
1 month
2 months 
3 months 
etc

I want a running total of the all the persons generated risk, but I only want to review it when the accumulated total exceeds the threshold for the given period of time

index=summary_events 
|bin _time span=1d
|table _time,user,base_score

| timechart useother=f span=1d sum(base_score) as total_score by user
didnt produce the results I was expecting because it was only giving me the totals for that day, but not the accumulated total.

the accum command doesn't seem to take a by clause.  

kind of striking out on how to properly approach this.  would love some suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

index="_internal" AND "metrics" AND "kb"
| rename kb AS base_score
| rename host AS user
| reverse
| bin _time span=1d
| streamstats sum(base_score) AS accumulated_score BY user
| timechart useother=f span=1d first(accumulated_score) AS accumulated_score BY user

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...