Splunk Search

How to generate a search to compare the value of a field with a CSV table?

soesia12

Hello!

I'm currently trying to compare the value of a field with a csv table.

I want to compare the destination port (dst_port) with the values of pwhitelist.csv and display the ports that are not included in the csv data.

For example: the csv file consists of the ports 80, 8080, 443 and 8000 want to display all dst_ports that are not 80, 8080, 443 or 8000.

Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
yourBaseSearch NOT [|inputlookup pwhitelist.csv | fields Ports | rename Ports AS dst_port | format]

View solution in original post

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
yourBaseSearch NOT [|inputlookup pwhitelist.csv | fields Ports | rename Ports AS dst_port | format]

soesia12

Hey!

Doesn't work. It just lists all ports.

In the file there are just a few ports. At the moments it's just for testing.
pwhitelist.csv:

In the file is only one column with the header "Ports".
The values 80,443,8000,8080 are in that column.

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I edited my answer, please try the new version. If dst_port isn't the field name in your index, then change it to the field name you have for the ports in your indexed data.

0 Karma

soesia12

thanks so much ! it worked

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...